Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Hairy Journey

I'm still on the fence about going natural but I think this time I'm sticking with it. It seems like every summer I go through this phase but something feels different this time around.

Here's my first braid-out of 2016 on hair that hasn't been relaxed for the past two or three months. My hair is generally shoulder length.

I sectioned my damp hair in the style I wanted then did some cornrows all the way around using a flaxseed gel mixture that I saw on YouTube. I wrapped the ends in perm rods and let it dry overnight wearing a bonnet (not very comfortable).

The next day I let it air dry some more while I played with the kids in the yard. When I was ready to style it, I used a little coconut and castor oil mix to soften the hair and help unravel the braids. I love the end result!!




No comments:

Post a Comment