Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Bit About Me

Thanks for finding your way to my blog my name is Niki, one K not two :)





If you were to ask me how I identify myself I’d tell you that I’m a 30 something year old wife and mom to 2 boys. If you’re into classifying people by their personality traits, I’m an “S” on the DISC survey- “People with high "S" styles scores want a steady pace, security, and do not like sudden change. High "S" individuals are calm, relaxed, patient, possessive, predictable, deliberate, stable, consistent, and tend to be unemotional and poker faced. Low "S" intensity scores are those who like change and variety. People with low "S" scores are described as restless, demonstrative, impatient, eager, or even impulsive.” On top of that I’m also a Gemini so you never really know what you’re going to get. 

In my professional life I’m a trainer, community outreach worker and student adviser. I work with teens, college aged youth and professionals on health related topics and life skills development . I started this blog a few years ago and just recently decided to dust it off, update it and continue posting. I’ll apologize now for any grammar issues that come up for folks, I type the way I speak so you get what you get :)

Some of what I write about:
  1. Parenting- Attachment parenting, babywearing, co-sleeping, going from 1 to 2 *caveat, I’m no expert.
  2. Living with rheumatoid arthritis- I was diagnosed at 26 and have been coping ever since.
  3. Party planning for kids- This would be one of my dream jobs if there weren’t so may DIY mammas out there
  4. Crafts- I’m crafty in spurts, when I get an idea I have to run with it and then I may not tackle another project for some time. I have an extensive Pinterest page where I re-post most of my crafts under “I pinned and I conquered”.
  5. Talking to your kids about sexual health from day 1: age appropriate topics and language.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Niki




No comments:

Post a Comment