Wednesday, October 23, 2013

You've Been Boo'ed

I'm not quite sure where the You've Been Booed phenomenon came from but when it comes out it catches on and it’s so much fun for kids and adults alike.



We were Boo’ed for the first time when we moved to our new neighborhood, I came home from work one day to find a small goodie bag and a note tied to my door knob. When I read the “You've Been Boo-ed” poem and directions it put a smile on my face and made me feel welcomed. Though it’s intended to be a kid’s activity I ran with it at home and at work, our son was only 1 at the time. We passed the Boo onto two of our neighbors but then I drove a few minutes away to two of my friend’s houses and Boo’ed them too J.  The next morning I made another copy and left it on a coworker’s desk along with a candy treat. The office got a kick out of it for the day, not sure if my friends ever passed it on though.

What you’ll need:
Candy or some other item that will make a person smile
A printer or copy machine
Stealth moves

Print out two or three of the You've Been Boo’ed Direction sheets/poem



And two or three of the I've Been Boo’ed sheets


Create a little goodie bag and then pick 2-3 houses to Boo. Go to each house and place the goodie bag and poem in your neighbors mailbox or right on their front door.

If you know that one of you “victims” will need a little help to pass the Boo along quickly, give them a hand and print out a few extra copies for them.

This can also work in an office setting if you work in an environment where it’s okay to have a little fun.




You can find more information at http://www.beenbooed.com/

Thanks for stopping by 

Niki
(If you'd like to read more about me visit my post on A Bit About Me).

No comments:

Post a Comment