Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bellies & Babies pt. 2

Let me start by saying thank you. I was blown away by the number of people who viewed and shared my post yesterday, Bellies & Babies, looking at body image post pregnancy.
 “I recently had a similar conversation with a close friend of mine and I found myself saying ‘I’d show you mine but I don’t want to scare you.’ Looking back on it I wish I would have said ‘I’ll show you mine when/if you’re ready to see what a real mom’s post pregnancy body looks like.”
Within 10 minutes of hitting publish on that post I had 60 page views and when I looked at it the following morning it was up to 147, today it's at 206 and everyday at least one person finds their way to that post. It reinforced my original thought that people do really want to have open and honest conversations about what pregnancy does to your body and your self-esteem, someone just has to be willing to start the conversation. After the post was shared on Pinterest a video link was sent to me by one of my followers and I wanted to share it with you all.


This video is a brief interview with Jade Beall, poet, dance instructor and photographer, who put together a great collection of stories and photos of real moms in an effort to redefine what it means to be beautiful.


Once you view Jade's video please check out the Beautiful Body Project website

Thanks,
Niki
 (If you'd like to read more about me visit my post on A Bit About Me).

Connect Posts:
Bellies and Babies Pt. 1
Bellies and Babies Pt. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment