Monday, October 7, 2013

Halloween Costume - Pregnancy Reveal

If you're pregnant and looking for a last minute costume idea, do I have an easy one for you.

Last year when we were debating how to tell people we were expecting I found this great idea on Make It & Love It and I wore it to my nephew’s costume birthday party and again on Halloween. It ended up being a great pregnancy announcement for family members I haven’t seen in a while. I wore the baby with the boy or girl symbol above (we didn't know the sex yet) and my hubby wore the burger, fries and beer. A lot of people thought the costume was store bought and my hubby got a lot of compliments for his stencil work.


This costume is an easy last minute (1-2 day before) job because it doesn't take many supplies to pull of but it does involve some prep work and patience.

I didn't use the freezer paper as suggested in Ashley's blog due to the fact that I couldn't find any near me so I just had my hubby cut out a stencil from poster paper, which he free-handed from Ashely’s pictures. I'm sure if you Google the images you'll find a bunch that you can copy. 

I taped the stencil down with painters tape and put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt just in case the paint came threw. 

Using white fabric paint and a fabric paint brush I blotted on the first and second layer, placing it in front of a fan in between coats to speed up the drying process. After it dried I removed the tape and used a black sharpie to touch up the edges.

Ashley does a great step by step tutorial here.

Happy Halloween!

Niki
 (If you'd like to read more about me visit my post on 
A Bit About Me).

No comments:

Post a Comment